Our daily life is currently disrupted by the coronavirus. Events from large to small are cancelled, schools are closed until further notice, companies face enormous challenges and the health of our loved ones may not be longer safe if we do not follow the necessary measures. Your life as a student, as an entrepreneur, as a parent, as a family member or friend has also changed in a short time and deserves the highest priority.
Dance4Life is receiving support from its great partners and the Friends4Life network not only from financial resources, but also from shared knowledge and expertise in many different areas. We are doing this to continue the work of Dance4Life in as many places in the world as possible. For this reason, this page will contain an up-to-date overview of Dance4Life’s work during the corona crisis in the coming period.
Status of Dance4Life's School Program
All international programmes have been postponed until further notice. Our colleagues from the international team are currently taking stock of the status and impact of the global measures together with all local partners. Dance4Life’s Business Development team and Fundraising team remain in close contact with partners and foundations about the impact on the programs and the use of allocated funds.
Update per country and partner
- Kenia – FHOK: All program activities shut down until at least mid-April
- Malawi – AMREF: All program activities shut down until further notice
- Ghana – TFSC: All program activities shut down until Easter
- Uganda – Restless Development: All program activities shut down until further notice
- China – CFPA: All program activities shut down until June
- Indonesia – RutgersWPF Indonesia: All program activities and our research are shut down until further notice
- Nepal – Restless Development: Status unknown
- Pakistan – BWA: All program activities shut down until further notice
- Pakistan – FPAP: All program activities shut down until further notice
- Russia – Focus Media: All program activities shut down until mid-April
- Kazakhstan – AFEW Kazakhstan: All program activities shut down until mid-April
- Kyrgyzstan – AFEW Kyrgyzstan: All program activities shut down until further notice
- Ukraine – AFEW Ukraine: All program activities shut down until April
- The Netherlands – Schools4Life : All program activities shut down until April
And now for the good news!
Our in 2019 developed digital and gamified platform The Academy4Life already offers a part of the ongoing training cycle to our young international trainers. They continue to follow online modules with expert trainers and receive personalised coaching calls! Young advocates who are part of the Right Here Right Now alliance will also be joining the platform on 3rd April to follow e-learning courses focused on their personal and professional development.
In addition, many of the Dance4Life trainers have indicated that they do not want to sit still and want to apply their learned skills now. Together with the Dance4Life team they working to develop a COVID/19 Youth Guide to support young people to navigate the changes we are experiencing today due to the current crisis.
There are als0 other innovative sessions with local young people about our work taking place. For example, the Russian Dance4Life partner is testing an online quiz about sexual & reproductive health. Another great initiatieve from several partners is continuing with activating younsters also via radio, since this is one of the biggest communication channel in some countries. We will update you with experiences from youngsters soon!
In the Netherlands we are also looking at how we can reach young people in an inspiring way via social media, together with our ambassadors. To be continued!
Stay safe and take good care of yourself and each other!